Sunday, October 23, 2011

Love and Finding That Certain Someone

It was interesting to see how many factors are a part of the partner selection process.  It not necessarily about "that certain spark" that many people are looking for.  Proximity, traditions, religion, and race come into play.  I think it's fascinating that many people think that some factors like race, religion, or class don't matter in who they date, but then they often end up with someone who is similar to them in those exact traits, not different.

The many different loves and their characteristics were also interesting.  It really caused me to reflect on the relationships or crushes that I've had in the past and what kind of love was involved.  I also contemplated some of the romantic films and books that I often watch and read and the relationships contained within those.  How often do the relationships work out, end in marriage, or end in a lasting satisfactory marriage after the ending credits roll?  Probably not very many.  It definitely puts a damper on my sappy, romantic notions, but it's true: love doesn't often work like in the movies.  Often, it's not real love.  I'm glad that I'm aware of it now so that I can better analyze my feelings when I'm in a serious relationship and make the right choice as to whether or not I should keep the relationship going.

No comments:

Post a Comment