Sunday, November 6, 2011

Intimacy

I have always felt that my parents have done very well in teaching their children about the beauty of intimacy but also the sacred nature of it.  Both of my parents had less than desirable experiences in learning about sexual intimacy from their parents.  So, when they married, they decided that they would take a different approach with their kids.  They wanted to be more open about it, less reserved, more able to answer questions, and more comfortable with it.  If ever I had a question of that nature, my parents would be as truthful as they could and give me as much information as they felt I needed to know.  By a certain age, they made sure that we each had a one-on-one conversation with them so that they could stress the importance of sexual intimacy as well as the mechanics.  I have always felt comfortable in coming to my mom with questions about sexual intimacy.  I want to take the same approach as my parents when I have children of my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment